Monday, September 6, 2010

Puff, Puff, Pass America


What comes to your mind when you think of pot? Think about it. I'll wait...finished? What comes to my mind is wasteful spending. "Troll, what the hell are you talking about now? My pot is not wasteful. I smoke every last bud and always get my moneys worth. Who cares if I spend $50 on hotpockets, chocolate ice cream and blueberry bagels after I get baked? I'm stimulating the economy". I'm not talking about how much you spend on your munchies, if you want to spent $30 on Oreos that fine by me. I don't care. What pisses me off is the inordinate amount of money spent on policing, arresting, incarcerating, and prosecuting stoners caught with minor amounts of pot.

We all know someone who is a huge stoner, in fact, you probably are a huge stoner. If so, put your bowl down and read on. People like to smoke pot. It's a fact. Just like how people enjoy eating, sleeping, drinking and fucking. That isn't going to change, but our countries attitude towards it has. Over the years we've gone from the days of Reefer Madness, where smoking pot will lead you to rape, kill and go insane; to the 60's, the hippies, free love and peace; to today, where you smoke, play Mario Kart for hours and eat boxes of otter pops.

Everyone has a different opinion on the subject of legalization. Some fear that it is a gateway drug and will increase America's already horrible addiction to drugs. Others say it will relieve pressure on the already overburdened law enforcement community and criminal justice system. Finally, the stoners advocate it because they just want to smoke in peace. Here's my take.

Pot is relatively harmless. I know, I don't want 16 year old stoners driving to the store blazed out of their mind either. That shit's dangerous. I'm looking at the facts here. Tell me a time when you heard of someone overdosing on pot. Can't, can you? Tell me a time when you heard of someone getting locked up for a minor possession charge? What? Last week you say?

Let's look at Nevada's economy. The last time I checked, this wonderful state is going to fall $3 billion short for this years budget. Last year, there were 2,643,085 people living in Nevada, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. It would take every man, woman and child in this state $1,135, more or less, to fill that gap. Don't have that kind of money? Spent it all on pot, didn't you? And that's the key.

Our neighbor to the left, California, has an even greater crisis on their hands. Their government has no money. But, what they have is pot, and lots of it. Many speculate that in the upcoming elections in November, pot will not only be decriminalized, but its cultivation, sale, purchase and possession made legal. This will bring in much needed revenue. That is exactly what Nevada needs. With the tourism and construction industries getting fucked by the economy, this state needs an additional source of income, and it comes in the form of a bud.

I don't care if you like smoking or not. Look at it like this. Do you reap the benefits of legalized prostitution? Do you enjoy gambling? I don't care if you love getting fucked by a shemale while you suck off a midget at the Shady Lady Ranch. What I do care about is the money that shit brings into this state. Think of how much you spend on pot in a week, a month, a year. Now, think of how many people you know that smoke, use your stoner math skills, and figure that shit out. That's a lot of money, isn't it?

Your parents most likely smoked it. Our President smoked it. Your neighbor smokes it. The cops who arrested you smoked it in high school. Laws don't change unless the people do, and we are changing. Puff, puff, pass America. Now, where are my Oreos at?

No comments:

Post a Comment